Skip to main content

If you do a private adoption in Mexico how can you bring your child back to USA if your a natural born citizen

Jonesboro, GA |

My niece in law is having a baby but cant support her baby. She has agreed to allow me to adopt her baby. I am unsure if I will be able to bring my baby back to the states as a citizen. Please advise me

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Follow the adoption laws and requirements of the birth country, then get an adoption visa for the child to come to the USA. Get a US immigration attorney for help.

The above answer is for general information purposes and is offered as a service to the public. Nothing on this or associated pages, documents, comments, answers, reviews or other communications, including the above post, should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation or relied upon as a substitute for engaging legal counsel, nor does it constitute advertising or a solicitation. Viewing the general information here, including your receipt or transmission of information hereof does not alone create or constitute an attorney-client relationship or ensure confidentiality. If this question or answer pertains to bankruptcy, please be advised that we are a federal debt relief agency. One of our areas of practice is to help people file for bankruptcy relief and protection under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.


Adoption between the U.S. and Mexico is governed by the Hague Adoption Convention. To adopt from Mexico, your must first be found eligible to adopt by the U.S. Government (the agency responsible for making this determination is USCIS). Furthermore, there are residency, age, marriage, and income requirements. Contact an immigration attorney.
I have reposted your question under Immigration, for more input.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer