If you are working in a hostile work environment where your boss constantly threatens your job/livelihood, can you sue?

Nampa, ID |

if you are working in a hostile work environment where your boss constantly threatens your job/livelihood, has caused severe anxiety and depression and has caused you to go on medication, can you sue? I cant sleep, have gained weight. I Have severe anxiety and barely want to get out of bed to go to work

You need to look for another job.

You can also talk to a local employment attorney about the possibility of collecting unemployment if you quit or a potential claim against your employer due to the severe reactions you are having. Realistically, though, pursing legal action will also be stressful, especially if you are still working there or unemployed because your employer terminated you for filing a complaint.

You can search for an attorney on Avvo or contact the National Employment Lawyers Association in Indiana for a referral. But, you really need to focus on networking and getting your resume out so you can find a new job.

This answer is provided for guidance only. DO NOT rely on it as legal advice. We DO NOT have an attorney-client relationship. You should contact an attorney in your area for a one-on-one consultation before pursuing any action or making any decisions.