Skip to main content

If you are on deferred and you do not report , what can happen ?

San Antonio, TX |

i was issued deferred probation , but i ran away from home without reporting , what can happen to me ?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

A Motion to Adjudicate (revoke) your probation will be filed. There are any number of outcomes from there. You could be convicted, sentenced to jail time, have your probation extended, etc.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.



Does the fact that it was my first offense to the juvenile detention center change anything ?

Macy Michelle Jaggers

Macy Michelle Jaggers


Well, it's certainly better than it being your fourth offense. Your most positive outcome is going to come from accepting responsibility for the situation and telling the court you are ready to make a change.


They can bring additional charges, modify your probation and require detention as well as complete a program in a facility. Depending on your charges and the levels of your offenses, they can revoke the probation and sentence you to TYC. Nobody can predict what can or will happen without being able to look at all the paperwork and consider your history.
Good Luck

Answers provided on Avvo does not form an attorney-client relationship or indicate that the attorney represents or even will represent the client. Responses to questions are provided and based upon the facts as stated in the question. While attorneys attempt to make a complete and accurate response, there is no guaranty or warranty that the response is correct. You are encouraged to seek qualified counsel, licensed in the state(s) which have jurisdiction over the matters for advice. You are also encouraged to be careful as to your postings as the postings are not confidential.


If you are a juvenile, the you are not on deferred adjudication probation but on deferred disposition which meant that if you followed the rules, the case was going to be dismissed. Now the court system will want to determine if you should be placed in the custody of the probation officer because your family does not have control over you.

I suggest you get your mind straight, follow the rules, and get this behind you by doing what needs to be done. You are making what was not a good situation much worse.

Cynthia Henley

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer