If you are already put on the DS rollback list for the Air Force can you go to IG to help you get off.

Las Vegas, NV |

I have only been operational for 4 months and I'm currently 5 months pregnant. I received an Article 15 for going out of town one weekend and not being able to return for work so my supervisor said I was AWOL. I also received 2 LOR and 1 LOC all in a 2 day period. One LOR that was given wrongfully. I just don't think I was given the proper tools to make it in the Air Force. All of my supervisor prior troops are no longer on the Air Force due to the stress and being given paperwork that wasn't right.

Filed under: Military law

I have to tell you I have been in the military for 33 years and have no idea what a DS rollback list is... Maybe it's an Air Force thing..
You can file an IG complaint... But sounds like you need an attorney ...

I would offer some advice as a career officer. Stop looking for excuses. The AF did not give you the proper tools too exceed? Really? That's what basic is for. Look at learning your job and doing it well dont know what you did to get 2 letter of reprimands and a counseling but some of this is on you. You do have a chain of command, the chaplains may be able to help you focus or re focus...you can be successful in the military if you want to be...

If you keep on the destructive pathway you are on you will end up with an unfavorable discharge and a loss of benefits

This is for general information only. Nothing in this information should be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship nor shall any of this information be construed as providing legal advice. Laws change over time and differ from state to state. These answers are based on California Law.Applicability of the legal principles discussed may differ substantially in individual situations. You should not act upon the information presented herein without consulting an attorney about your particular situation. No attorney-client relationship is established.

The DS rollback list is when the commander discharges you. People have told me IG or writing the congress can help change it. I don't feel like I'm making excuses when all of my supervisor old troops feels the same way or had similar situations. No one trains me on my job, I can't learn my job if theres no one there to teach it me. I got an LOC for not updating the address on my government travel card when I don't even have a travel card. One LOR because my supervisor didn't believe I was at ADC, he even called ADC and they told him he is not allow to give me paperwork for that but he did anyway. The second LOR was because I thought I could leave work early. There are more people in my squadron who feels they get treated unfairly.

Kelvin P. Green

Kelvin P. Green

I would suggest using your chain of command..

Philip Douglas Cave

Philip Douglas Cave

The IG will likely not find in your favor. You can go to EO. Sometimes a sensing session or climate survey will identify leadership problems, such as toxic leaders who fail their troops. In this situation this is usually the better route than IG.

The IG cannot help you "get off." That isn't their job. Even if they do an investigation and find in your favor, they can't force the command to do anything. You either need to use the ADC on base, or consider retaining private counsel if you are attempting to fight your discharge.

This post is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney client relationship with Mr. Cassara.

I have tried that already and it gets no where. They just talk to my supervisor but nothing gets enforce.

Philip Douglas Cave

Philip Douglas Cave

Have you talked the the Shirt? Have you used lowest level resources yet? Just talking to your immediate supervisor is not enough. If you follow the chain up to the commander's open door policy it might get resolved. That will be one of the points IG will look at.

You need to consult an experienced military law attorney. I would have to know more about your specific circumstances, but it may be possible to request a discharge based on your pregnancy. Additional information is available on my website. I would be happy to discuss your situation with you. The consultation is confidential and offered at no cost. Best of luck.

If you are on the DOS rollback, it is a personnel issue. It is NOT a discharge like an administrative separation. Typically, AFPC sends down a list of people that are eligible for early separation. Your commander must take action to put you on or take you off the list. After that, your date of separation is “rolled back” to the date they gave you. This means you would separate with an honorable discharge.

If you have specific questions, I would talk to your ADC or a civilian military lawyer. You can always go to the IG, but it is unlikely they will do what you want them to do. If you already have an Article 15 and several LORs, then a DOS rollback would be a much better outcome than an administrative separation for misconduct.

Any answers do not form an attorney-client relationship. All answers are general opinions and not specific legal advice on your case.