Skip to main content

If we are still married, can i put him in child support?

La Puente, CA |

We have been married for 2 yrs, and now are seperated and has been 6 months. we are going through a divorce. can i put him in child support while we are still married?

i live in california and he lives in texas.

+ Read More

Filed under: Divorce Child support
Attorney answers 1


The short answer is yes, you can get child support from your husband while you are still married and separated. You will file in the same court as your divorce.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client relationship or privilege between you and the attorney responding. Do not use this or any answer by the responding attorney as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney practicing in the area in which your question pertains with whom you have an attorney client relationship. The law frequently changes and will be different from state to state. The response provided above is general in nature, and is based solely on the facts provided in the question. Fact not included in the question may have a bearing on the response.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer