Skip to main content

If two people are fully employed and there are no children...the woman makes more than the man. Is it common for the cc to make

Holmen, WI |

the woman pay everything while the husband lives at home with his parents and pays nothing toward the upkeep or mortgage of the home? If so, why? If not, why would this have happened in my situation?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I see that you have posted several questions on this forum relating to the house in your case. You should consult with an experienced divorce attorney. There are many factors which affect who is ordered to pay for the house, selling the house, etc. Your questions cannot be answered without looking at all of those things.


There is no way to know based on this question enough information to really answer this but if you are living there, it isn't unusual particularly if you want to keep the house. Keep in mind that this is a temporary order not the final one. If you want to appeal the court commissioner's decision you may do so. Either way it sounds as if you need an attorney.

In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship. You should seek counsel in your geographic area regarding any specific questions.


There are a number of good divorce lawyers in the LaCrosse area. You should be talking, in person to one of them.

Divorce is very much a tailor-made court case. It is not one-size-fits all. There is no such thing as a "common" decision; everything depends on the facts in your lives. I know this situation is troubling you but there is no way a lawyer reading your questions online can answer them in a way that will give you the knowledge you need to proceed.

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. I am a Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you. You should NOT assume or otherwise conclude that there is an attorney -client relationship between any reader and this writer or his firm. These comments are only guideposts. They are not subject to any privilege protections. Indeed, these internet communications are neither privileged nor confidential. Accordingly, those using this form of communication need to be guarded in what they write. Because of the nature of these communications the information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. This internet site is public forum, where the communications are not confidential or privileged. There may very well be merit to your defense or position in this type of situation. However, there are hardly sufficient details for an attorney to provide you with some path to follow. It is imperative that ALL of the facts in a particular situation be examined. No conclusion can be drawn from the communication that you have provided. There are some matters that are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Most, if not all, legal matters should not be handled via internet communication. At best, the responders on this site can give you a few hints and guidance. To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services. Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer in Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin Talking to the Police - Advice from Lawyers and Police:

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer