Skip to main content

If the non managing parent has rights to have children for vacation, what happens if the other parents denies visitation?

Arlington, TX |

it is written in the custody that mother is to have children for summer. The father is denying the children to fly out to california. Both the father and his lwyer have been notified. The father is under investgation by cps. Cps is aware of the vacation and they want the chilren with mother. What can be done if he with holds the children? Is it the same as kidnaping?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You will need to file a motion to enforce in the court that issued the decree in most cases. You can also ask for make-up time and for him to pay the travel costs.

Much of this will depend on the exact language of the decree, so you should sit down with a lawyer and have them review it with you and discuss the situation. Many will do this for a flat fee, or waive that fee if you end up hiring them for the case.

Please feel free to email me directly with any questions.

This answer is intended for informational and educational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice nor forming the attorney client relationship. This attorney is licensed in Texas.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer