Skip to main content

If the attorney ad litem in my child's custody cause asks to be recused, will the judge typically grant that?

Hot Springs National Park, AR |

I have an upcoming trial date for custody of my 8 year old son. False allegations of verbal domestic abuse to my son were made against me by my ex wife. My ex wife was granted temp. custody last October after an ex parte hearing. In november, my son started seeing a play therapist and continues to see him. His play therapist has concluded that there is no evidence whatsoever of any domestic abuse. His mother is now attempting to discredit the play therapist for no substantial reason. An attorney ad litem was appointed for my son last month. Now, my son's mother made allegations against the ad litem (one week after she was appointed) that she was biased (also nottrue) and the atty ad litem had not even made a reccomendation to the judge yet. My question is, will the judge allow this?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


That depends on the weight of the allegations. You should file a response to the allegations stating you object to the allegations. Consult an Arkansas attorney for more information!

Information provided on this site does not constitute legal advice. Answers posted here are based on a very limited amount of information and are given without a conventional consultation. Information posted here should be valued accordingly. We offer free initial consultations that require completion of a questionnaire detailing your situation and a personal one-on-one attorney interview to provide qualified legal advice. The answers posted here might be completely different with more information.


There really isn't anyway to answer your question, because it is a very fact-specific questions and it isn't possible to become familiar enough with all of the facts in your case through an Internet forum.

This response is for information purposes only, it does not create any attorney-client relationship. Responses to questions posted on this Forum are of a general nature only. Because it is not possible to have all of the facts of your issue addressed in this forum, you should consult with an attorney to review the unique circumstances specific to your situation.


You need to consult an attorney regarding representing you in this matter. You will need to give your attorney a copy of all the documents filed in your case and a copy of all of your evidence.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer