Skip to main content

If someone is going to marry an illegal immagrant do they need to give an imcome report? what paper work is really asked for?

Rio Linda, CA |

my daughter is on ssi does she need to include that when she's getting married?? that's what one of my daughters is saying i just think she's too nosy-please help,thank-you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I would make an appointment with an immigration attorney and a social security benefits attorney. I never think it a good idea to post questions if you feel there may be some sort of incriminating information involved.

Attorney Williams practices FAMILY LAW throughout the State of California and may be reached at (831) 233-3558 and offers free consultations. The response provided in this forum is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. The information offered in this response is for general informational purposes only and should not be relied upon without further consultation with a legal professional after all relevant facts are disclosed and considered. DANIEL S. WILLIAMS, ESQ. LAW OFFICES OF DANIEL S. WILLIAMS 500 LIGHTHOUSE AVENUE, STE. A MONTEREY, CA 93940 (831) 233-3558 -- OFFICE (831) 233-3560 -- FAX


To the extent that your question concerns immigration, ask your question of an experienced immigration attorney. To get married to an illegal immigrant, all the parties need to do is to obtain a marriage license.

Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, as each situation is fact specific, and it is not possible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and court pleadings filed in the case. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.


No, she does not need to provide any income information to get married. She has to pay for the license and have a bona fide wedding with losts of witnesses and a big party. However, the income information will be required later when she applies for his permanent resident visa and she has to filloyt the affidavit of support. Then, go visit an immigration attorney. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., aka El Abogado de Divocios de California: 510-206-4492. It is of a general context and is not intended to form an attorney client relationship. I am licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on divorce, family matters, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Bancarrotas, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, y Abogado de Bancarrotas de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, y California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer