Skip to main content

If permanent resident have baby in USA dose it help for bring his father here faster?

Seattle, WA |

i am permanent resident i have one 4 month baby boy his father is out off USA i heard when permanent resident apply i130 file in immigration will take long time to bring him here. my son just have birth certificate and his social security number. dose my son can apply his father i130 file and can we bring him here faster ....

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


A US citizen can file an immigration petition for his parents only when the citizen is at least 21-year-old. So, your 4-month-old child would not be able to file any approveable petition for his father.

If you are eligible for US citizenship, you should apply for citizenship. There is no wait for a visa number for immediate relatives of US citizens. For immigration purposes, immediate relatives of a US citizen include a spouse, parents, and under-21, unmarried children.

If you are a green card holder, visa numbers are available for petitions with priority date of about September 2010.

You should review your specific facts with your attorney to find out your legal options.


You should re-post this question in the immigration forum.

This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the attorney responding, and no attorney-client confidentiality. The law changes frequently, and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information provided in this Answer is general in nature and may not apply to the factual circumstances described in your question. The applicable law and the appropriate answer may be different in the State or States where the relevant facts occurred. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes


No. However, it will help if the permanent resident becomes a U.S. Citizen. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.