If parents have 50/50 custody is the parents with higher income still obligated to pay the other for child support?

Gainesville, FL |

FOR 50/50 custody is the parent with the higher income obligated to pay the other parent child support?

Child support is according to guidelines. People have the misconception that because time-sharing is 50/50, there is no child support. While that may be the case the majority of the time (at least minimal support), that is not the case all the time. In order to properly answer your question, we would need to run guidelines to see if there would be any support obligation. Hope this helps.

Please be advised this is for informational purposes and should not be construed as legal advice. Please also be advised that this does not create an attorney-client relationship. The information provided is solely based on the information you provided and should not be construed as all inclusive and/or final. You should contact an attorney to discuss this matter further. Milton Acevedo, Esq. Acevedo Law Firm (407)792-2675 or (813)440-2166 info@AcevedoLawFirm.com

There will usually be a child support obligation even in a true 50/50 time-sharing situation when one party has a higher net income. Other factors will include the costs of childcare and health insurance for the child, and which party pays them.

Please note that without more specific information, I am unable to provide a definitive answer to your question. Please accept my answer for informational purposes only and I hope it will give you a starting point in seeking legal representation. I would be more than happy to meet with you to provide legal advice in a consultation.

In most cases, yes.

This information is a general answer and is not specific to any particular case. Carin Manders Constantine, Esq. 727-456-0032/ 727-488-8272 familylawyer411.com/about-carin https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Law-Offices-of-Carin-M-Constantine/125967577416313 http://www.linkedin.com/pub/carin-constantine/b/861/445

Generally speaking, yes.

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.