Skip to main content

If one parent refuses to give their address to the other parent, is that considered kidnapping?

Kansas City, MO |

my daughters father keeps moving and changing phone numbers. i haven't had his home address for 2yrs. is there anything that can be done?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If you have a current divorce or paternity judgment which includes a parenting plan, then under Missouri law Dad is required to inform you of his intended address and contact information 60 days in advance of any move.

To enforce this provision, you will likely have to File a Motion for Contempt. I recommend that you talk to a family law attorney in your area for further information