Skip to main content

If nurse in hospital gives you clonidine, your blood pressure drops dramatically, and you have to be revived in intensive care

Burlington, WA |
Attorney answers 3


You may have a case, depends on the facts and your medical history, medical records, etc.

I recommend that you see a local medical malpractice attorney to review your medical records and see if there is a basis to establish a claim against the doctor, nurse or pharmaceutical company.

Good luck.

AVVO DISCLAIMER I am licensed in Minnesota only and my answers on Avvo assume Minnesota law. The answers I provide are for general information only and are NOT INTENDED AS LEGAL ADVICE and therefore must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interaction between an attorney and client and specific exact facts and the law. I do not retain clients without a signed RETAINER AGREEMENT. The Avvo forum does not allow for the discussion and the interaction necessary to form a complete legal analysis. Therefore the answers given to any specific question would most likely be different if there was attorney-client interaction. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such an attorney client relationship. An attorney-client relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged nor are they confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and statutory time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in the answers to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an qualified attorney for legal advice licensed in the proper jurisdiction. Finally, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference.


Was clonidene mis-administered?
What are your injuries/damages.
Certainly, take the time to consult a local lawyer.


If the drug was appropriately prescribed by a physician, the drug was provided in the correct dosage, and then this result happened...then no, you'd not have a case. If any of those things were not done according to guidelines, then technically you might have a claim.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer