Skip to main content

If my son's I-130 was denied and I believe I should not appeal but resubmit with new information, how long should I wait?

Brevard, NC |

Can I do that immediately

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes, immediately refile and make sure to pay the filing fee again.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


It depends on the basis of the denial. Sometimes a motion to reopen is more appropriate. Seek counsel and review the denial with him/her and decide which course of action is appropriate.


yes, you may file immediately.