Skip to main content

If my parter and I merry ,we are same sex,how do we go about getting his visa,for him to be a legal US sitasin

Albuquerque, NM |

He has his passport.but we want to live here in the us,,I own my own home and lived in the same place all my life.we need a visa how can start that before his time runs out.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Time hasn't really run out, it is JUST starting out in light of the DOMA ruling this morning.

I would encourage you to visit:

They will have a webcast today at 3:00 PM where they will provide an analysis of the ruling and answer questions for binational same-sex couples.


This information is provided as a courtesy based upon the limited information provided in your post and does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.


It remains to be seen, and it will depend on the laws of the place where you live, the place where you get married, etc., to determine if the marriage is valid for immigration purposes.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


You cannot. The Federal law as it stands now, does no provide any immigraiton benefits to same sex couples. You might consider another country for that or wait until the law changes.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.