If my license Pa is suspended, will I lose auto insurance?

Allentown, PA |

I am the policy holder and have listed an additional driver. Will my insurance be cancelled. My concern lies more in having my car towed if my insurance cancels and I have no insurance for my registration which I need to even have my vehicle parked in the street. What are my options so I don't lose my vehicle while under suspension?

No. As long as you have no accidents, driving on a suspended license, your insurer still insures you and the car to the end of the policy term. When the policy is up for renewal, you will be sent whatever your insurance company requires of you. Just be honest on any forms which ask questions. Work on getting your license back and pay your premiums. you will be fine.

This answer is not intended to be legal advice in a lawyer/client relationship. Misunderstanding of the answer or use of the answer for any illegal purpose is not the responsibility of the writer. The answer to any question in the Avvo website is constrained by the limited content of the question, an incomplete description of the facts underlying the question or a wrongful motivation for the question.

What kind of things can they send me?

Alan Jay Dion

Alan Jay Dion

Renewal of the policy near the end of the term, can require a form asking you if you have had any accidents, moving violations, points that you have not reported and/or if you want to make any changes with limits, deductibles and coverage.. Depending on the answers they can raise your rates, refuse coverage or place you with a higher risk company. More often than not, they just send you a new declarations page and a bill for the next policy term.

I don't see your insurance dropping you, but do not drive on the suspended license.

You can insure a car that you own, even if you don’t have a driver’s license. In fact, you are obligated to maintain liability coverage, even if you aren’t using it.

Stew Crawford, Jr., Esq.

Crawford Law Firm
A Full Service Law Firm Serving Pennsylvania & New Jersey

Philadelphia Area Office
223 North Monroe Street
Media, Pennsylvania 19063
877-992-6311
www.crawfordlaw.org

E-Mail: automobile@subrolaw.us

All information provided in this comment is intended for informational purposes only and does not, by itself, create an attorney client relationship. If you wish to consult with an attorney, or have any questions concerning this comment, please feel free to contact our offices through any of the above contact sources.