Skip to main content

If my illegaly entered fiance from el salvador came in the country later got a work permit and lost card or what ever the permit

Brookline, MA |

is printed on how can he get a new one or find out his imigratin status with out indangering himself to deportation , I cant understand him too well about immigrtaion issues but he does have a SS# and files his w-2 taxes every year here for 15 years lives in NY and marrying a us citizen from MASS. soon where is the better state to marry does it matter and is the church ceramony enough how does the whole marriage license work ? we are truly in love and are Cristians we want to marry and fix his immigration status so he would become a legal resident or and citizen eventualy , I really want to know about marrying step city hall or grab a marriage license and have Pastor marry us or one then other *** can both be done at same time whats valid for immigration at the end of day thanks

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Amigo, you'll be much better off if you get yourself to spend some of your hard earned dollars and get yourself a real "abogado de inmigracciom" (make sure you see his/her license to practice law, though..)
You are obviously very confused even with the simplest step, how to get married.. I can only imagine how you will do woth all the immigration related paperwork you'll have to fill out & submit. Any mistake or omission will have the effect of setting your case back for years and could even have the effect of getting you deported.. Consider spending some money on a real immigration lawyer an investment .. On your future in Norte America!

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Step one to fixing this situation is to have a real, in-person consultation with a licensed immigration lawyer. There are many very good immigration lawyers in the Boston area.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.


You have many very valid questions, and this is exactly the reason people go to experienced immigration lawyers, so that they can get all of the proper answers. For that reason, I also recommend that you speak with an experienced immigration lawyer who will explain the entire process to you.

Follow Gintare Grigaite, Esq. on Facebook (search for Gintare Grigaite, Esq.). Contact immigration lawyer Gintare Grigaite, Esq. of Grigaite & Abdelsayed, LLC at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey, for a consultation about your immigration case. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.