Skip to main content

If my girlfriend got convicted for DUI. Will she get deported. She is a permanent resident

Cleveland, OH |
Attorney answers 7

Best Answer

No, if it is her first DUI. But her Naturalization could be postponed.


Retain a good criminal attorney. Will she placed in removal proceedings or not depends on many factors. You may want to speak to a local immigration attorney

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.


Not without more.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


Meet with a criminal defense attorney who is familiar with immigration consequences. Or with an immigration attorney who is also familiar with criminal defense.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104


If this is her first offense, local ICE is not deporting such cases. However, it will impact her naturalization so retain an experienced criminal immigration lawyer.


She should speak with an attorney that handles DUI's and she should also consult with an immigration attorney.



Firstly, a charge is not the same as a conviction. If her trial date is coming up, she has probably yet to be convicted. Secondly, if convicted, It is unlikely she will be deported (removed) if this is her first DUI conviction. Her permanent residence status will probably be unaffected.

The communication above does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Advice rendered is of a general nature. (562) SANI-LAW