Skip to main content

If my girlfriend\ baby mother lives with me and is getting cash assistance from the state will I be responsible to pay that back

Manchester, CT |

During her pregnancy we broke up ... while broken up she started receiving cash asst from the state we got back together and she lives with me .. she's collected for 3 months 2 of those months she was living with me she's tried to cut off her cash asst but can't get a appointment .... now my twins are born ... what can I do to not get trapped with child supporrt..... she thinks we could fight it cuz she told her workerer we were living together.. and they supposedly changed her food stamps they were giving her more food stamps then they gave her less and incresed her cash I just don't wanna get hit with child supporrt when I. Support my children and her already .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


I wouldn't call to make an appointment, I would go down there and politely request to speak to the worker and get it straightened out. They can look to you for payback since she had to name you as father to get support for the kids. Also, I would document every effort to get this straightened out because there are also criminal charges that can be brought if the state wants to allege that she (and you) received benefits by some type of fraudulent conduct.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer