Skip to main content

If my ex-wife was SK and I was US citizen when married in SK; and now divorced in US, will our US divorce be honored in SK now?

Atlanta, GA |

We were both born natural citizens of SK, but now we are both SK and US citizens.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You need to ask this question of an SK (St. Kitts?) attorney.

Legal disclaimer: In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship.


As with the other attorney I am not sure which country you are referring to when you say "SK". If it is Canada as in Saskatchewan, then the answer would probably be yes. Different countries enter into treaties with one another on issues like this and will agree to honor the court orders of the treaty parties.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer