If my daughter reclaims her German citizenship as a descendant of a German Jew, will she lose her U.S.A. Citizenship

Canoga Park, CA |

My daughter is going to live in Germany and go to school. She has applied to reclaim the German Citizenship which was taken away from my parents because they were German Jews. If she obtains her German Citizenship will she lose her U.S. citizenship? My daughter, myself and my husband were all born in the U.S.A.

No she will not lose her US citizenship

No. She will be a dual citizen.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Look closely in her US passport .... it has a section about DUAL CITIZENSHIP ... which the US recognizes and in special cases, so does Germany.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.