Skip to main content

If my case is dismissed, via plea bargin can the prosecuter still make me pay for the court appointed attorney fees?

Norton, KS |

I am fighting a ticket that I had gotten, due to an unattended fire, my fiance testified that I had nothing to do with the fire, now they are offering me a plea bargin that the charges will be dismissed off me, and put on my fiance, and if he pleads to it then he wil not go to jail, or lose his hunting and fishing rights. If I do not accept the plea I am scared they will give him the maximum penalties. I also have to pay the court appointed attorney fees, but if my case is dismissed can they do that

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You got the benefit of having that lawyer. Without those services, you might be facing conviction. Your fiance is also getting the benefit of those services, it sounds like.

Is there something unfair about you having to pay something?

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. I am a Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you. You should NOT assume or otherwise conclude that there is an attorney -client relationship between any reader and this writer or his firm. These comments are only guideposts. They are not subject to any privilege protections. Indeed, these internet communications are neither privileged nor confidential. Accordingly, those using this form of communication need to be guarded in what they write. Because of the nature of these communications the information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. This internet site is public forum, where the communications are not confidential or privileged. There may very well be merit to your defense or position in this type of situation. However, there are hardly sufficient details for an attorney to provide you with some path to follow. It is imperative that ALL of the facts in a particular situation be examined. No conclusion can be drawn from the communication that you have provided. There are some matters that are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Most, if not all, legal matters should not be handled via internet communication. At best, the responders on this site can give you a few hints and guidance. To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services. Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer in Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin Talking to the Police - Advice from Lawyers and Police:



Yes to me there is! I live on a fixed income, I am disabled and its obvious that I am not guilty, and the only should have to pay them as the judge said is if they find me guilty in which I am not..



Yes, the fire was out before we left that night.. The game warden didn't see a fire at the place we were at, an hour after we had left and stated that there was a fire going so either it started back up or someone else was there after we left. Neither one of us should have to pay anything or be charged. Furthermore, in the game wardens pictures, it shows no flame. Tell me how they can use that as evidence?

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer