Skip to main content

If me and my illegal boyfriend get married can he stay in the US? If not then what would be a possible way for him to stay?

Henryetta, OK |

My boyfriend is on the verge of getting deported. he has a court case coming up next month to see where things go from there. He has a little girl with his ex girlfriend. and we have been engaged for sometime and were going to wait on the waiting until this problem came into effect.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


More information is needed. How long has your boyfriend been living in the United States? Has he been convicted of a crime? If so, when? How long ago did he commit the offense?

I strongly recommend an appointment or teleconference with a competent and experienced immigration attorney as soon as possible. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.


You need to marry him if you want to sponsor him to stay in the US. Howeever, more information is needed.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Depends on your immigration status, whether you want to marry him and his manner of last entry and immigration history

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer