If judge grants his shock probation does he get out right there n then? If she denies does he do more time or same time?

San Antonio, TX |

He has to be processed out, but that won't take too long. A person is not penalized for filing a motion for shock probation so more time will not be added if the motion is denied.

If this answer was helpful to you or if it was the best answer, please click the buttons that state helpful and best answer. Please understand that all of my answers are for informational purposes only, are not legal advise, and do not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me. I am not your attorney and you are not my client unless we enter into a signed contract. My only legal advise to you is that you should immediately consult with and hire a lawyer and that you should not represent yourself. If you want to more information about personal injury, visit http://www.sainjurylawyer.com or if you want more information about criminal defense, visit http://www.giardinolawfirm.com. Good luck!

He's been in jail since the 3rd of this month.. Do u thinks its best he do a lol more time b4 we do shock paper work? Or we can start now n maybe he be out sooner?

?

If it's granted, he will be released fairly quickly. If it's denied, he's transferred back to TDC to finish serving his original sentence.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

If a TDC inmate is granted shock probation and has no other holds, typically the inmate is taken back to the county jail, a warrant check is run, and the prisoner is released to serve probation.

Denial of shock probation does not increase the sentence.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.

Ok he has a few tickets traffic tickets unpaid I guess u warrents can I pay then or he does time for then and then released or that stops the shock probation?

Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

The probable impace to the traffic tickets on a shock probation application is something that you need to discuss with the attorney who handles the application process. Remember, the judge does not have to grant the shock probation...doesn't even have to hold a hearing before denying shock probation. So, it is critical to have a good lawyer representing the applicant.