Skip to main content

If im not the head of an indictment on conspiracy to distribute a kilo of herion how can i get my relavent conduct?

Pittsburgh, PA |

im a convicted felon and i never been to jail before

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Talk to your attorney. If you don't have one yet you need to remedy that immediately.


If you're a convicted felon and you've been indicted in federal court for conspiracy to distribute a kilo of heroin, I strongly suggest you immediately contact a criminal defense attorney in Pittsburgh who is familiar with federal court. You indicate that you've never been to jail before. However, if convicted of this crime, you are certainly facing significant jail time. Once you have an attorney in place, he/she should at a minimum be able to get the criminal indictment or the complaint that's been filed in federal court which will have the basic allegations against you and others involved in the conspiracy. Additionally, your attorney should seek additional discovery from the United States Attorney's Office prosecuting the case. There is some discovery in federal court that you are not entitled to until the matter gets closer to trial, however a reasonable Assistant United States Attorney will provide your attorney with significant discovery early on in the process.

Do not discuss these allegations on any public forum, social media site, etc. Instead, hire an attorney and only discuss the case with him/her. There are many great attorney's on Avvo so you can begin your search here. Most attorneys will offer an initial free consultation. So, take advantage of that opportunity and meet with a few attorneys to see who you feel most comfortable with and who seems to have the experience, knowledge and passion to defend you best.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. I wish you the best of luck.

Brian M. Fishman

The posting of an answer to this question in no way creates an attorney-client relationship between myself and any reader. I always suggest you contact and hire a lawyer to receive legal advice.


Retain a criminal defense attorney who experienced with Federal Court. The attorney will talk to you about potential mandatory sentences, sentencing guidelines and cooperation agreements. Good luck.