Skip to main content

If im elegible for deferred action can i apply for scholarships like FASFA and many others

Dallas, TX |

Im trying to go to a community college but i wanna apply for scholarships

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


It depends on the scholarships. But, you do not meet the eligibility requirements of Fafsa.

This information is intended as general information only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship between me and the asker.


Grants and Scholarships are usually provided by universities, foundations, etc and it just depends on the terms and conditions from the varioud providers. FAFSA are federal student loans and absent a green card or a citizenship you cannot apply for FAFSA. Good luck.


I agree with my colleagues.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer