Skip to main content

If I were to sue for a botched adult circumcision would photographs be enough to prove it was botched?

Philadelphia, PA |

Or would I have to get examined?

Are the pictures me and my lawyer take evident enough?

What if you can best tell it is botched when I try to get erect?

Tell me how it would be done please?

I mentioned it was best evident it is botched when I try to get erect but there's no way I could become erect in a room with a guy examining me so with that could it just be proven with the photographs?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Typically, the defendant would use a defense medical expert to perform a physical examination of the person who is claiming such an injury.

This website contains general information about legal matters. The information is not advice, and should not be treated as such. The legal information on this website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Jacob Regar makes no representations or warranties in relation to the legal information on this website. You must not rely on the information on this website (including Jacob Regar’s response to your question) as an alternative to legal advice from your attorney or other professional legal services provider. If you have any specific questions about any legal matter you should consult your attorney or other professional legal services provider. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information on this website.


You would need a medical expert to testify as to the standards of practice in such a situation, and the cause of your medical issue. A picture alone would not be enough, as it's not clear what the standards are, what the doctor did wrong and if the doctor's negligence is the cause of the problem.

Please note: The information provided here is for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice or legal opinion on specific facts or circumstances. You should consult an experienced attorney concerning your particular factual situation and any specific legal questions you may have. No attorney-client relationship is created merely through the exchange of information via this web site. Michael J. Duffy will not undertake representation of a client without the client first signing a written retainer and representation agreement.


You should retain an experienced attorney in your state to assist you. Typically, photographs of an injury would be admissible as proof of an injury. Depending on the circumstances, your attorney may want to have the jury actually view the injury. However, I cannot imagine many judges would allow you to exhibit your injury to a jury even if you wanted to.

This answer provides general information and should not be considered legal advice nor should it be construed as establishing an attorney-client relationship. Any exchange over this public forum is not confidential. I am licensed to practice law in the State of Florida. As such I cannot advise you on how the law in any other state would apply to your particular set of facts. I can only provide you with general information of how Florida law would apply to a hypothetical set of similar facts. Any answer should be viewed in this light.


Photographs are priobably good enough. If you can best tell about the botched circumcision when erect, then you need to take photos of your penis when it is erect. It is easy to do with a digital camera. You can do it yourself. Of course, an examination by your expert witness is always a good idea, at least before the case is tried.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer