If i was to get approved for the Dreamers Obama deferred action, Could I do a adjustment of status?

Conyers, GA |

I have all the requirements needed for the deferred action. I am married to a naturalized U.S. citizen. I wanted to know if I could get my green card this way,If i was to get approved for deferred action.

Best Answer

The final rules have not come out; however, you may benefit from the provisional waiver process that is also supposed to be announced soon. You can get more information about that process at www.uscis.gov/provisionalwaiver. I strongly suggest that you speak with an immigration attorney to discuss your eligibility for both the deferred action process and the waiver process. There are also some pros and cons that you should discuss with the attorney.

Jamie Hernan
Hernan Law Firm
Serving Immigration Clients Throughout Georgia
Telephone: (678) 275-4000
Free initial consultations

DISCLAIMER: This answer does not constitute legal advice and no attorney client relationsip has been, or will be, created until a valid engagement agreement is signed. No duty arises from this posting. Answers posted here are general and made with limited knowledge of the actual facts of your case. Always speak with an attorney licensed to practice law in your jurisdiction if you wish legal advice specific to your case.

Now that there is more information, do you think its possible ? My attorney believes it is, but im a bit skeptical just wanted a second opinion. Thank you.

Possibly. We need to wait for USCIS to release more information.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Instructions should be online by next week. Problem is that you need a lawful entry or section 245i eligibility to adjust status.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.