Skip to main content

If i was ordered to pay child support & the custodial parent's name has been changed to a new guardian, is the order still valid

Dallas, TX |

I received a notice of right to request a review from the attorney general's office & I don't recognize the name of the other party. It is not the name of the mother of the child. What does this mean?

+ Read More

Filed under: Child support
Attorney answers 1


If you've been ordered to pay child support for a particular child that obligation remains whether or not the payee's name changes.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer