My grandfather left me $3000 when he passed away. I was only 10 years old at the time. My parents put it into a savings account. That savings account was used to save money for me if I went to college. I did not go to college so they didn’t give me the fund. They allowed me to spend some of the money but never told me that the inheritance was in that account. About 85% of the account is there money and the other 15% was my inheritance. Even though I have used some of the money in the account witch they told me was there money. do they still owe me the inheritance money?
It appears that they neglected to opening a Uniform Trust for Minors bank account, which would have been yours ar 21, or establishing a 529 College Savings Account, and then erred again in commingling funds. Since you did not go to college, whether you are entitled to the money depends on what the Will says.
Information provided here cannot substitute for a personal consultation with an attorney. This is not intended to be legal advise or to imply an attorney-client relationship. This attorney is not responsible for your reliance on it without specific, actual and independent written authority.
Our Rating is calculated using information the lawyer has included on their profile in addition to the information we collect from state bar associations and other organizations that license legal professionals. Attorneys who claim their profiles and provide Avvo with more information tend to have a higher rating than those who do not.What determines Avvo Rating?Experience & background
Years licensed, work experience, educationLegal community recognition
Peer endorsements, associations, awardsLegal thought leadership
Publications, speaking engagementsDiscipline