Skip to main content

If I was in a car accident that involved alcohol, why is there no open warrant yet? This happened 2 weeks ago...

Adrian, MI |

I was speeding and lost control of my car. Long story short, I had a few drinks and totaled my car. The crash report says alcohol was involved, but I haven't heard anything from the police yet. This was a state police officer...

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


It usually is up to the officer if he wants to get a warrant. The officer did not see you driving, and he may decide not to charge you since it was a one car accident.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Alabama. Responses are based solely on Alabama law unless stated otherwise.


Consider consulting with an experienced criminal defense attorney to discuss your options in greater detail. Be careful about posting specific details online. The concern would be that this information may be accessed by witnesses, police, or others. So, consult with a local criminal defense lawyer. Good luck.


If you were not arrested and there was no blood alcohol test I doubt you will be charged.

Always consult an attorney IMMEDIATELY as there are time limitations on filing a lawsuit.


They can take some time to investigate. Retain a local criminal lawyer now.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer