Skip to main content

If i was given an under age drinking ticket but was not breathylized or seen with alcohol in hand, can i get the ticket dropped?

Spring Grove, IL |
Attorney answers 5


Hire a lawyer. Try to get this charge reduced. You could lose your license. Illinois is a zero tolerance state. You do not have to have a measurable blow and you do not have to be seen with alcohol to get charged. You do have defenses.


You should seriously consider hiring an experienced lawyer. If you are found guilty, you face a loss of your driving privileges.
A good attorney may be able to assist you in getting the charges reduced, amended, or dismissed. Trying to fight a case like this alone increases the chances of being found guilty and decreases the chances that the charges might be dropped.


Your question doesn't make sense... you left out details that would be necessary to answer it... Such as how why you charged? What evidence do they have against you? Did you take the breath test?
Contact an attorney.


No. Do only two things:
1. Stop discussing the case online,
2. Retain a criminal defense attorney.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602


It depends on what the evidence is. For instance, if the cop smelled it on your breath and if the trier of fact believed him and if you were charged with illegal consumption then maybe. This is why you need an attorney. If you are convicted of this offense you will lose your license for 6 months. Yes, even though you were not driving.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer