Skip to main content

If i was deported from the us 4 months ago and i fear for my life how could i get asylum

Reading, PA |

if i get to canada could i ask for asylum there or try to go in the us and then ask for asylum there please help me with this is very important

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You can go to either country and request asylum. You will need proof of what causes you fear for your life.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.


I agree with my colleague. You can appear at a port of entry and request asylum. You will be then interviewed and determined if you qualify for asylum based on the nation's federal immigration laws and adherence to International treaties the countries are signing parties. Good luck.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer