Skip to main content

If I was arrested for disorderly intox. just under a year after being arrested for Resist officer what should I do?

Fort Myers, FL |

I was arrested for disorderly intox. just under a year after being arrested for resisting an officer, What kind of sentence am I looking at? is there anything that I can do to improve my chances of a better/lighter sentence? what are the best lawyers in the area to represent me.

The previous case for resisting arrest has been resolved I received 6 months of probation and I completed it in 3 months.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


The maximum penalty for your charge, a 2nd degree misdemeanor, is 60 days in jail, 6 months probation, and a $500 fine. If you are on probation or diversion, this new charge will affect the resisting case. Our firm represents those accused of criminal offenses in Lee County.


Disorderly intoxication is 2nd degree misdemeanor. You should hire an attorney or at least arrange a consultation. The maximum penalty is 6 months of probation or 60 days in jail and $500 fine. Your past criminal history with the resisting officer case will likely be a concern for prosecutors. I offer a free consultation and would be willing to handle your case in Ft. Myers.


I agree with the prior replies and would add that in order to properly assess your circumstances, we'd need to know: 1) what the status of your Resisting case is; 2) who your judges are on these cases; 3) what your prior record consists of; and 4) the facts of both cases. With that information, an attorney familiar with the judge and prosecutor handling the cases should be able to give you a fair assessment of what you're likely to receive should the State be able to prove these charges against you.

Best of Luck!

Posting an answer to your question does not create an attorney / client relationship such that you can or should rely on the information provided herein to take action. Instead, it is intended to simply provide you with information. I am not your lawyer and cannot provide you with legal advice unless and until I am hired to do so.


I agree with the above answers. Your possible sentence depends on a lot of factors, including but not limted to the judge on your case, past record, and facts of the case. You need to hire a local criminal defense attorney that is familiar with local judges and practices.

The answer to any question is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney/client relationship. Call today if you would like a free initial consultation.