If I was approved asylum status 10 years ago and now case is reopen before judge, can he give frivolous asylum if he sees lied

Troy, MI |

My I 485 based on marriage to US citizen got denied due to misrepresentation of material fact on my asylum application. If my I 601 gets denied and I appear in front of immigration judge, how likely is it he will give me frivolous asylum given the fact that I admitted the misrepresentation on my 601 application.

Best Answer

It is possible that an immigration judge could review the asylum application and then make a finding that it was frivolous. A finding that an asylum application was frivolous carries serious and significant immigration consequences. I suggest that you consult with an immigration attorney very soon.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

Is there a lesser penalty than frivolous asylum if you admit to the judge you lied on your approved asylum app. ?

It is possible.

The answer above is only general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known and detailed research has not been undertaken. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers require an investigation into all facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. Use these answers at your own risk.

You should consult an immigration attorney as soon as possible. Being in front of an Immigration Judge is a very serious process and the government will have an attorney representing them so you need an attorney to represent you. It is possible that you will be charged with having a frivolous asylum claim.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Not clear what you are asking, however there are severe immigration consequences for filing a frivolous asylum application, besides the consequences of immigration fraud generally.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Consult an immigration attorney urgently.

I agree with my colleague