Skip to main content

If I want to get married before the age of 18, and the father is in jail, do I need his consent?

Morrisonville, NY |

Im wanting to get married and I need to know if I need parent consent if they're in jail. he's been in jail for a year now, and just got sentenced last month. Thank you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You don't need the consent of a non-custodial parent.

Ms. Brown may be reached at 718-878-6886 during regular business hours, or anytime by email at: All of Ms. Brown's responses to questions posted on AVVO are intended as general information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are provided for educational purposes of the public, not any specific individual, and her response to the question above is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Brown is licensed to practice law in New York. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, you must contact an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer