If i travel from US to Canada by air and return back to US the next day, will I get a new I94 with a revised new end date?

Redmond, WA |

If i travel from US to Canada by air and return back to US the next day, will I get a new I94 with a revised new end date? My L1 visa expires Jun, 2013 and I94 expires Sep, 2014. On entry, they usually give I94 end date as 3 years plus entry date. So, I want to get a new end date on I94 as Jan, 2016. Will travelling from US to Canada by air and travelling back from Canada to US the next day accomplish the purpose?

Filed under: Immigration US visas

No, you will keep your same I-94.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

You will keep your same I 94. Feel free to contact me I am in Seattle if you need further assistance.

Communication through AVVO does not constitute legal representation. Representation by this law firm can only be established through a written agreement executed by both attorney and client. In the absence of such express representation agreement, this law firm does not represent the recipient or reader and no person or party should rely upon statements, opinions or advice contained herein.