If I put up security cameras in the front of my house can my neighbors complain of a privacy violation?

Orlando, FL |

BTW the neighborhood already has them for monitoring all traffic into and out of the development. Thanks

As long as they only video your property and are not directed at your neighbors, you are okay.

This communication is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship. It is always recommended you consult an attorney in person to discuss your case. The Law Offices of Stage & Associates practices state-wide and represents homeowners and community associations. Please visit our website at www.stagelaw.com.

Thanks. I would figure that much but I have a neighbor across the street. If my intention is to monitor my front yard and record who my be coming to the front door or committing some act in the driveway then the camera would be capturing the yard across the street. I am not sure if it would be possible to get a camera so high up (maybe from the roof ) that it could capture my yard alone. So I assume your saying it could be a problem. Maybe if there was a small enough camera that they didnt see it I would be okay.After all I'm not a perv trying to record my neighbor just someone trying to protect myself .