Skip to main content

If i pay child support do i have the right to see my daughter

Ridgecrest, CA |

my daughter is 4 and ive been paying child support to her mother pretty regular since she was born. my back child support is almost paid off my daughters mom refuses to let me see her. i live in ca. she lives in wa. state i try and try to talk to her mother to allow me to see my daughter even if its only for 5 min she wont allow me to plus when my daughter was born she was givin my last name her mother and i both signed the birth certifiact now my daughters last name is her mothers maiden name can she change our daughters last name with out my consent.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If there's no court order for custody or visitation, then the only way you can guarantee your daughter''s right to have contact with you is to go and GET an order for child custody and visitation. The fact that your ex got an order for child SUPPORT does NOT automatically give you any specific rights of custody or visitation.

If Mom and child have been living in WA for at least six months, and there's never been any court orders regarding child custody, you'll have to file your request in Washington. You should contact an experienced family law attorney in the county in Washington in which Mom lives and speak to him/her about what steps you'll need to take.