Skip to main content

If I marry a girl who is on tourist visa then what should i do?

Cambridge, MA |

I have a green card. I am going to marry girl who is on tourist visa and she is from india.
now, what can I do for her so, she could be with me in USA forever?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You should speak with an immigration attorney about the specifics of your case. You might also consider preparing a premarital (prenup) agreement to protect your assets and property, and to clarify the rights of the parties, in the event that the marriage does not work out.


She'll need to get a green card. You'll need to speak to an immigration attorney. Frankly, you should do it before you get married, so that you have some idea about whether this is even possible.