Skip to main content

If I know who is impersonating me and sending out inappropriate pictures of me, what can I do about it?

Cumming, GA |

Someone got a hold of pictures I've sent my ex boyfriend and now pretending to be me in other websites like POF, Kik, etc. and sending those inappropriate pictures out to random people!!
I'm 90% sure I know who it is and I don't know what to do about it! Help me?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Call the police and see if they will investigate.

Don't gamble your freedom on a public defender. "Public defender offices and other indigent defense providers are underfunded and understaffed. Too often, when legal representation is available to the poor, it’s rendered less effective by insufficient resources, overwhelming caseloads and inadequate oversight." - United States Attorney General Eric Holder, 2013


First, contact the police. Your first priority should be to stop this misconduct. The police may help, or the fact that you called the police may make the wrongdoer stop.

Second, if the police cannot help and the wrongdoer will not stop, you may be able to get help from a private lawyer. An injunction against the wrongdoer may be available in Superior Court. That would give you a Court order directing the perpetrator to stop.

Third, if your believe that damage has been done to your reputation and well-being, civil remedies may be available to you. Georgia recognizes some privacy-based common law doctrines that may apply depending on the facts of your case, such as appropriation of likeness and intrusion upon seclusion. Additionally, if the wrongdoer has made false representations, you may have a libel action against him or her.