Skip to main content

If I initiate contact with my boyfriend with a no contact that state he can't talk to me, will either of us get in trouble?

Fremont, NE |

My boyfriend was arrested in Dodge County for domestic assault against me. I did not press charges, but the city did. As part of his bond, he was instructed to have no contact with me until the court date in March. We have a daughter together and this is really difficult for us. I just want to know if I initiated contact with him, would either one of us go to jail for ME contacting HIM? What if I write out a statement saying I initiated contact and sign it and give it to him so he can't get in trouble? Would that work?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Although I am sure it is difficult to refrain from contact, I urge you NOT to contact your boyfriend with the no contact order in place. Good Luck.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.


I don't think that it is in your best interest to contact him with a no contact order. Consult an attorney before doing anything so you know all of the implications and consequences if doing this.


He would still get into trouble. There is no way around it as the order is for your protection. You will just need to hire him a good attorney and hold out until march.

I am a licensed attorney in the state of Nebraska. However, the advice I give here is not to be taken as legal advice. It is merely my opinion based on the limited information given. In order to assure that your legal rights are being properly represented I would always recommend going in for a consultation with an attorney to explain your case in detail and answer any questions the attorney might have.


Best to contact his lawyer and see if the bond can be modified to allow some contact. The violation would be on him if you get caught. We are happy to offer you a free initial consultation to talk about the case. Give us a call at 402-455-1711 to set up a time to talk. We have been in business for almost 25 years and fight hard for the people we represent.