Skip to main content

If i have withholding of deportation what would my resident alien number be and where can i find it?

Fort Lauderdale, FL |

i'm applying to colleges and they are asking me about my alien residency number. I have a withholding so do i have an resident alien number and if so where can i find it.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You don't have a 'resident' number.

Your 'alien' number is on the paper signed by the Immigration Judge.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.


It will start with an A and then be a sting of numbers like 089881821

This is a general answer only and does not imply that I am your attorney giving advice with full knowledge of all the particulars of your case or that there is any attorney client relationship. I strongly urge you to retain experienced legal counsel who can better advise you once they have reviewed all your documentation and are fully apprised of the details of your case. Rebecca Black Immigration 5800 Beach Blvd. Ste 203-176 Jacksonville, FL 32207 904-999-4928 Tel & Fax


On all your court paperwork

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.


Do you have an Order of Deportation (more formally known as an Order of Removal) or did you obtain the benefit of a grant of Withholding of Removal by an Immigration Judge? These are two very different outcomes, so it is important to know which one applies to you. One gives you protection from being physically removed from the country, and the other does not. You don't have an alien residency number in either scenario, but you were assigned an alien identification number, which as my colleagues have correctly stated, would be listed on your court paperwork. If you no longer have your court paperwork, you can do a Freedom of Information Act request with the court to obtain these documents.

Monica Roisman, Esq., 2050 Coral Way #206, Miami, FL 33145 (305) 854-2211

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer