Skip to main content

If I have proof that my wife has been having an affair while obtaining her permanent resident status Can she be deported?

Old Saybrook, CT |

She is also planning on going to live with the guy she been having an affair with and he doesnt know she is married.She also has ason who I sponsored as well.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


No. She cannot be deported. Sorry.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


No, she will not be deported.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Only the government can order deportation. To answer a related, unasked question: there is the possibility the government will determine that she did not have the appropriate intent when entering into your marriage. If a conditional residence card was issued, she'll be queried about marriage fraud as most people are.


No, this is not a reason for deportation. Sorry

Simone Coley, Bachand & Bachand; 855-422-2426. 189 State Street, Suite 100, Bridgeport, CT 06604.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer