Skip to main content

If I have met with the Trustee and want to move out of state before my bankruptcy is discharged, can I?

Nixa, MO |

Chapter 7, If I move before discharged, but after meeting with trustee, can I cash out my 401?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Answering just the main question asked: first, you should contact your trustee to inform him or her that you plan on moving, but the Trustee's office can not force you live in any single place. You have a constitutional right to travel and to the ingress and egress from any State in the union, so the Trustee, as a government actor, could not prevent you from exercising those rights.

After you move, remember to notify the Bankruptcy Court of your new address however.