Skip to main content

If I have four possession charges pending and I tell my attorney that I do drugs do u think I'm lookin at a lighter sentence?

Omaha, NE |

I ended up getn 4charges of being in posession of a control substance. But I have ben a drug addict for most of my life do u thnk I could get a lighter sentence...I just don't know wat to do I haven't went to court yet. I've heard around tht they could offer me a plea deal and may drop 1or more of the can I help myself? Please help. I have a job I can afford an attorney...just need sum legal advice

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3




You need to talk to a local defense attorney. They will have the most useful information involving your local court system. Courts differ from state to state and from city to city. Your particular court may have a drug court program. A lot also depends on your criminal history. You can help yourself but checking yourself into a drug program to show the court you are serious about your problem and by not picking up more cases while this one is pending.


Get a lawyer and fight the charge. You should also get a drug evaluation to determine the extend of the drug problems you may have. Most lawyers should provide a free initial consultation. Good luck.

Most lawyers will give you a free consultation if you ask for one. We do this all the time, but remember that our time is valuable and you should stay with the people who help you the most.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer