Skip to main content

If I have a order for child support (for arrears) already being deducted, can they deduct it from other sources?

Orlando, FL |

The order is for $180 deducted twice a month, total $360. I received a quarterly bonus of which they took $165. Does that make the court order null and void. If not, can I have the court order modified for a lower amount. If the bonus amount cannot be refunded, would it be applied as a credit deducted from the arrears amount?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I don't think that you have any thing to worry about. Just keep up with the accounting that they send you. Not worth doing anything at this point, I don't think......

Bill Rosenfelt 407-462-8787 (Orlando/Longwood/Central Florida)

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.


No, this does not make the court order "null and void." yes, the credit should be deducted from the arrears amount. Make sure to keep records of what the total amount of arrears was and all of the deductions that come out - always best to keep on top of that!

This response is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should contact an attorney to fully discuss your issues.


Didn't you ask this in another forum?

This information is a general answer and is not specific to any particular case. Carin Manders Constantine, Esq. 727-456-0032/ 727-488-8272