If I have a misdemeanor warrant or a bench warrant can I fly from Georgia to another state?

Kennesaw, GA |

If I have either a bench warrant or a misdemeanor warrant for a petty crime will I still be able to fly out of state?

Yes unless you have a bond condition that prevents out of state travel.

How would I know if I have a bond condition?

Bill W. Crecelius Jr.

Bill W. Crecelius Jr.

Have you been arrested? If so you should have a copy of your bond when you were released. If you have not been arrested then there is no prohibition of your planned travel.

Just remember that if there is a warrant for your arrest, every minute of every day, you are subject to being arrested on that warrant if a law enforcement officer either comes looking for you or runs your name through NCIC. The better choice would be to address the warrant now, bofore it becomes a problem.

Lee William Fitzpatrick

Lee William Fitzpatrick

before it becomes a problem.

Most likely the the airlines on domestic flights would not check for warrants. However ,you should contact a lawyer see if you can get this matter resolved so you do not have to take chances