Skip to main content

If I got a ticket in NY, plead not guilty and moved before the hearing to PA, got a new license, do I get points on PA license?

Hawley, PA |

Got a disobey traffic device ticket in New York Feb/2011 and moved to PA in March 2011. I got the ticket with my NY License but I changed to a PA license in December of 2011. I am wondering if I get points on my PA license when the ticket has my old new york license info. Also the range for the ticket cost online said $85-$235. I can not access what the cost is unless I change my plea online. How do I find out what the actual ticket fine is without changing my plea?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


New York will not send points to Pennsylvania but will continue to asses it on your New York record. If you don't address the matter NY will suspend your driving privileges and that is something they will notify Pennsylvania of. Pennsylvania may then suspend your license. You can always contact the clerk of the court and ask them what the fine is if you want to plead guilty.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer