Skip to main content

If i go to jail to try to bond someone who is an immigrant and i'm a minor (14) but also an immigrant can i get deported ?

Clermont, FL |

She is a family memeber and im going with an 18+ citizen but im an immigrant

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You likely won't run into trouble - but why run the risk? Have the adult U.S. citizen be fully responsible for the bond. Also, keep in mind that you may be eligible for deferred action for childhood arrivals (DACA), which would save you from deportation if you are approved. You should consult an immigration attorney who could advise you of your rights. - Disclaimer: This a general answer to your legal question. Unless you have a signed engagement letter with me, you should not consider this information to be legal advice.


I agree with Attorney Gasson on all points

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104


If you are present in the U.S. unlawfully then you are always subject to being detained by ICE. If you are in the country lawfully then you have nothing to worry about.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.


As long as you have legal status and there is no warrant for you, you are in no danger of being detained. however, as a juvenile you may not be allowed in the jail and/or allowed to post the bond without an adult.

Second, if this person has an immigration hold, you are wasting your ime and money in posting bond. She will not be released. After a final disposition is entered in the criminal case she will be transferred to federal immigration custody for removal proceedings.

I suggest you consult with an experienced immigration attorney to determine what needs to be done.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer